Details for problem "Determine gcd and lcm by comparing multiples & divisors"
Suitable for grades: Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7
For two given numbers, the gcd and lcm are determined by comparing lists of multiples or divisors
Two numbers are given. For these numbers, either the greatest common divisor (gcd) or least common multiple (lcm) have to be determined. The problem generator can be configured to ask only for one of them, or for both in a random fashion.
For this problem type, the straightforward approach to compare
- the lists of divisors for both numbers to look for the greatest number that appears in both lists to determine the greatest common divisor
- the lists of multiples for both numbers to look for the first = least number that appears in both lists to determine the least common multiple
The number range can be chosen, and the number of problems presented is selectable.
Optionally, as a hint, the first few multiples (for the lcm) or divisors (for the gcd) can be given with the problem.
Topics: Arithmetic, Divisibility
Tags: Division, Multiplication
Free worksheets and solution sheets with answers for download
Download free worksheets for this math problem here. The worksheet contains the problems only, the solutions sheet includes the answers. Just click on the respective link.
If you can not see the solution sheets for download, they may be filtered out by an ad blocker that you may have installed. If this is the case, please allow ads for this page and reload the page. The solution sheets will then reappear.
With a free initial credit, you can start creating your own math worksheets in a few minutes.
- Do the sample worksheets do not really fit?
- Do you need more math worksheets, with a different level of difficulty?
- Would you like to combine different problems on a worksheet and adjust them to your needs?
- As a teacher, you can put together your own worksheets using the automatically generated math problems provided.
It does not cost anything to try! Register here, to create custom worksheets now!
Customization options for this problem
Number of problems
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
gcd and lcm, gcd, lcm
Number range of product
50, 80, 100, 200, 500, 1000
Provide first few items of lists
Explain lcm and gcd
check for divisors and multiples of a number
Determine whether a number is a factor or multiple of another.
find divisors of a number
For a given number, all factors have to be listed.
application and detailed computational steps for Euclidean Algorithm
Compute the GCD step by step with the Euclidian Algorithm.
For a given number, list the first n multiples.
Deutsche Version dieser Aufgabe