Details for problem "Horizontal bar chart for table of values"
Suitable for grades: Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7
Create a bar chart for a given table of values.
A table of values is given. It contains one set of data and assigns discrete terms such as cities, months or weekdays to variable units of measurement such as length, weight or time.
The task is to create a suitable bar chart that shows the discrete terms of the table on the Y-axis and the value of the measured variable on the X-axis.
If desired, parts of the diagram can be provided with the problem statement. So it is possible
- to provide no diagram
- to provide a diagram without the bars, where only the labeling of the X or Y axes or both are specified
- to provide a diagram with axis labels where one of the bars is already drawn in
As an additional help, a note can be included in the task definition on how to label the axes. The size of the bar chart can be selected in three steps.
Topics: Units, Written
Free worksheets and solution sheets with answers for download
Download free worksheets for this math problem here. The worksheet contains the problems only, the solutions sheet includes the answers. Just click on the respective link.
If you can not see the solution sheets for download, they may be filtered out by an ad blocker that you may have installed. If this is the case, please allow ads for this page and reload the page. The solution sheets will then reappear.
With a free initial credit, you can start creating your own math worksheets in a few minutes.
- Do the sample worksheets do not really fit?
- Do you need more math worksheets, with a different level of difficulty?
- Would you like to combine different problems on a worksheet and adjust them to your needs?
- As a teacher, you can put together your own worksheets using the automatically generated math problems provided.
It does not cost anything to try! Register here, to create custom worksheets now!
Customization options for this problem
Note on axis labeling
none, no axis labels, X axis labeled, Y axis labeled, both axes labeled, part of diagram
Size of diagram
small, medium, large
with multiple data sets
Create a bar chart for a given table of values with multiple data sets.
reversed problem statement: Read values from diagram and create a table of values
Read values from a bar chart and create or complete a table of values.
same, but with a vertical bar chart or column chart
Create a column diagram or vertical bar chart for a given table of values.
Deutsche Version dieser Aufgabe