Elementary School, Primary School, Junior High School, Middle School, High School.
Insert the correct relational symbol between two decimals.
A series of pairs of decimal fractions is presented. The task is to determine whether these numbers are equal or not, if not, which one is greater, and insert the correct relational operator "less than", "greater than", or "equal" in the blank space between the numbers.
The way the pairs of numbers, a and b, are chosen can be selected from different algorithms:
- n and m are natural numbers from 1 to 9, a is n+m/10, b is n+m/100, i.e. m will occur in the tenth position of the first number a and in the hundredth position of the second number b. Example: 4.5 and 4.05.
- a is a natural number in the range from 11 to 99, b is a/10, e.g. 45 and 4.5.
- a and b are numbers with three decimals, a is by 0.001 larger than b.
- a is a number with one decimal place, b is b+0.001,..,0.09, e.g. 4.1 and 4.103.
- a and b have the same digits, but the order is different, e.g. 4.21 and 40.12.
- a and b are equal, but b is shown with a trailing zero, e.g. 4.2 and 4.20.
For each type of problem, the number of occurrences can be chosen. The problems of different types may occur grouped or shuffled, this is selectable.
Numbers may be positive or negative, this is configurable.
Download free printable worksheets for this math problem here. The worksheet contains the problems only, the solution sheet includes the answers. Just click on the respective link.
If you can not see the solution sheets for download, they may be filtered out by an ad blocker that you may have installed. If this is the case, please allow ads for this page and reload the page. The solution sheets will then reappear.
Cookies are small data snippets that we store on your computer to recognize you when you use our website.
There are cookies that we need for technical reasons to make the website usable for you. You cannot deactivate these, because otherwise our website would not work.
Technically necessary cookies
Cookies for tracking activity and displaying personalized ads