|Custom math worksheets at your fingertips|
Suitable for grades:
Expand a product term which has sums with variables as factors.
A product term whose factors are a product or number and a sum has to be expanded. The term may contain up to three variables.
The shape of the term to be expanded may be one of these:
The term can be chosen to be
- one of group a, which means both factors are sum terms.
- one of groups a,b or c, which means at most one factor is a difference term.
- any one of groups a-d, which means both factors can be difference terms
- one of groups b,c or d, which means at least one factor is a difference term.
- squares can be disallowed, which means a variable will appear only in one of the factor terms.
- it can be specified that one of the variables in each factor may be a number.
The range for the numbers can be chosen.
The number of problems is selectable. The first problem can be presented with the answer in the form of a sample problem. If required, some space will be left so that the answer may be written on the sheet.
Download free worksheets for this math problem here. There is a second sheet with the solutions. Just click on the respective link.
If you can not see the solution sheets for download, they may be filtered out by an ad blocker that you may have installed. If this is the case, please allow ads for this page and reload the page. The solution sheets will then reappear.
|Number of problems||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10|
|Number Range||20, 50, 99, 200, 499, 999, 1999, 4999|
|Problem type||(a+b)(c+d), (a-b) allowed, exactly one of (a-b), at least one (a-b)|
|Sample problem||Yes, No|
|Space for answer||Yes, No|
|Allow squares||Yes, No|
|Numbers allowed||Yes, No|
|Remark||Description||Name and direct link|
|expand product of product and sum term||Expand product term with variables.||Product term expansion|