Details for problem "Reflection in a mirror line"
Suitable for K-12 grades: Grade 4 Grade 5 Grade 6 Grade 7 Grade 8
Elementary School, Primary School, Junior High School, Middle School, High School.
For a given shape the mirror image has to be drawn.
A versatile problem to practice mirror line and reflectional symmetry. For a selectable number of shapes, the mirror image for a line reflection has the be drawn. The shapes are drawn on a line raster, so the problem can be solved on the sheet.
These problems will provide an outstanding base for reflectional symmetry. The practice of this worksheet will be a fun, engaging, and enjoyable learning activity either in groups or independent learning. These worksheets can be customized to be served from grade 4 to grade 8. The list of objectives obtained from worksheets incorporating this kind of problem is given below:
- Understand and use terms related to reflection and transformation.
- Visualize the mirror of a 2-D shape and draw it on graph paper.
- Develop prediction skills for future use in Maths and Science subjects.
- Investigate and realize the concept of mirroring an object.
Personalize this problem to use in different grades and different ability students.
- The size of the raster can be selected from two sizes, and the width and height of the shape can be adjusted individually.
- The problem can be adjusted so that the line determining the shape may not do backsteps. This will make creating the mirror image slightly easier, as this way, there will not be two points on the edge of the shapes on the same line.
The answer key includes a mirror solution to every problem.
Free worksheets and solution sheets with answers for download
Download free printable worksheets for this math problem here. The worksheet contains the problems only, the solution sheet includes the answers. Just click on the respective link.
If you can not see the solution sheets for download, they may be filtered out by an ad blocker that you may have installed. If this is the case, please allow ads for this page and reload the page. The solution sheets will then reappear.
With a free initial credit, you can start creating your own math worksheets in a few minutes.
- Do these sample worksheets do not really fit?
- Do you need more math worksheets, with a different level of difficulty?
- Would you like to combine different problems on a worksheet and adjust them to your needs?
- As a teacher, you can put together your own worksheets using the automatically generated math problems provided.
You can try it for free! Register here, to create custom worksheets now!
Customization options for this problem
Number of shapes
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Width of shape
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Height of shape
4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Deutsche Version dieser Aufgabe